Thinking of a change in Lifestyle? Consider this:
The Almaguin Highlands is just a little bit north of Muskoka bordering only 15 minutes away from Huntsville. It has no large urban centres however it boasts of many rivers, lakes, rolling treed slopes and hills, marshes, wet lands and high scenic rock formations. The unspoiled Almaguin Highlands provides an abundance of beautiful wilderness and for those with extensive shopping needs the Muskoka urban centres only a few minutes drive away. Quaint smaller communities are dotted throughout the area each offering everything from groceries and supplies to pretty eclectic shops. Come visit, live, work or play in the Almaguin Highlands it is a lifestyle including clean air, nature, water, sun, snow and year round activities that no one should miss. Many winter events are held this time of year so pack up, dress warm and come see the Undiscovered Cottage Country.
Traveling in the Winter 5 points to Remember
1) Top up the gas tank before leaving major highway. Many small rural communities the stations are closed with shorter hours in the winter.
2) Always carry an emergency car kit including; blanket, water, energy bars and a candle (with holder) for warm and light in case a winter storm forces a Highway closure.
3) Make sure your vehicle is equipped with proper tires, even when there is no snow in the city, here we have an abundance. Also temperatures can plummet so your vehicle may have to be equipped with a block heater if you are planning an extended stay.
4) Check for road conditions for your destination, often pockets of the north have areas where secondary roads are not cleared as quickly as others and that final turn to the cottage may not be passable.
5) Finally, make sure someone knows where you are going and expected to arrive especially if driving in inclement weather. Then sit by the cozy fire and relax watching the beautiful snow falling in this gorgeous winter wonderland.